SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE - 1 TIM 3:8-12 (NIV)
- 8 In the same way, deacons are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons. 11 In the same way, the women are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything. 12 A deacon must be faithful to his wife and must manage his children and his household well.
· ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Love to serve
· Understand the vision of the church
· Adhere to communion procedure below
· Love God and people
· Calm/composed personality
- STUDY As deaconess we will strive/work to grow spiritually as individuals as well as a group. This will be accomplished through group Bible study, assignments, discussions, and books, and Christian outings.
- ATTENDANCE: Serving in honor and obedience to God is a privilege. It is understood that things will come up from time to time that interfere with your availability on first Sundays. However, the requirement is that you prioritize your service on first Sundays above routine/optional engagements.
- UNIFORM DRESS:
· Black skirt and jacket
· White Top
· Black Shoes
· Black or natural hose
· Solid black or pearl like necklace
· Solid black or pearl like stud earrings
· Fingernails should be a “working” length so as not to damage gloves and/or prevent efficient handling of the cloths
- PREPARATION AND MEETING:
· We will meet the first Saturday of each month at 9:00 am.
· The first half hour will be preparing the communion table, supplies, etc.
· The second half hour will be a team meeting to discuss any concerns, issues, improvements, etc. Assessment
· As it stands now there is a $5.00 monthly assessment.
· Funds are used to purchase birthday/anniversary gifts, baptismal gifts, books/study materials, cash donations, etc. as needed
· When/If we are assigned a budget from the church’s tithing receipts this assessment will no longer be required
1. President - Conducts meetings, assigns and supervises the work of the Board, coordinates Communion Service and participants, carries out plans and directives from the pastor
2. Vice-President - Presides when the president is absent and assists the president in the coordination and supervision of the Board
3. Secretary - Keeps record of meetings and notifies members of meetings and assignments
4. Treasurer - Responsible for financial transactions, dues and keeps financial records of the Board
** Committees and other officers may be selected as deemed necessary. **
- BAPTISM OF WOMEN
1. Prior to the baptism ensure the women’s facilities are clean and tidy.
2. Candidates should be instructed as to what supplies to bring and clothing to wear
3. If the church provides baptismal gowns the deaconess will issue these to all candidates. It is the deaconess responsibility to ensure gowns are clean, well fitting, and in good repair before and after each use.
4. Deaconess will be present to answer any questions, provide guidance as to procedure and calm all candidates as needed.
5. This deaconess team will provide a small congratulatory gift to each female candidate after they have been baptised.